Being one of the best Canada auto transport companies, you can rely on us that your vehicle will arrive in the same exact condition it was at the point of origin. But before we can embark on the shipment, there are a few preparations you need to make to your car to ensure a seamless shipment.
Here is a checklist you should use to prepare your car for shipment.
- Car washing – this is to facilitate for a quick and easy inspection by our inspector before the shipment.
- Climate – prepare your vehicle for the climate of the final destination. For instance, if there will be higher temperatures ensure that the vehicle has adequate engine coolant.
- Mechanical condition – ensure that the car’s battery is well secured and in good condition, the tires are inflated at the right PSI, the parking lights are functioning properly and most importantly, the emergency brake must be functioning as well.
- Turn off all the alarms and bring it to the attention of the driver if there are any special instructions necessary to start or stop the car.
- Lower all permanent antennas or remove the temporary ones.
- Remove all stereos, GPS systems and other mountable accessories.
- Ensure that the emergency kit has atleast a spare tire, tire jack, and a tire wrench.
- Ensure that the fuel tank approximately a third full.
- Bolt any caps and canopies on pickup trucks to ensure that they remain firm during the transportation.
- If necessary, leave a copy of the vehicle’s registration and insurance certificate in the car
- Ensure that there are absolutely no personal belongings in the vehicle during the transportation. Remove all sunglasses, CDs, radar detectors and any security features you might have installed.
- Remember to winterize the car properly if shipment is to be done during winter.